Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Parenting out of fear

Parenting is grace, who can do it well? Mission impossible. It is all by the grace of God we live as parents. Parenting is transformation. We make a lot of mistakes and wrong decisions in parenting, but thanks God that He transforms our mistakes and decisions to shape the parents and our children's character. Parenting is scary, when my girl moved from childhood to teen, suddenly things change, lots of scary new developments like staying overnight at friend's house, shopping with friends, party and request for freedom. I forgot to parent my daughter based on what she was, sometime I made her feel that she was untrustworthy. I suddenly realized that she was growing into a woman-a mature woman. she is not perfect, but she tried really hard to do the right things for her faith in God. I found out the root of the problem, I was parenting out of fear."Letting go" in parenting will make you feels a bit of uncomfortable, but God's Word is my strength. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7) "There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear." (1 John 4:18)

1 comment: